digital camera to opengl

Started by
4 comments, last by swiftcoder 18 years, 10 months ago
did anyone ever try to directly shown the movie from digital camera n make it appear inside the openGL program? can someone teach me how to do that or give me a link to the websites that teach that subject?
Advertisement
One of NEHE's tutorials reads and plays an AVI file. You could convert the movie to the AVI format and use the code in the tutorial.

How are you connecting the camera?

Are you taking the input to the pc from the tv out of the camera?
if so you need a video digitiser?

if its from usb then i would suspect that windows?? would pick the camera up as a new drive an mount it, you can then access the new dir and just read the files.

what format are the movies?

Or did you mean capture the live image from your camera?
yes i mean how to use the life image from the camera as texture at open GL?
Quote:Original post by chris_chrono
yes i mean how to use the life image from the camera as texture at open GL?

You need a video grabber card then then download the SDK for that card and work out how to either blue screen (you set the grabber to display its output to a certain colour pixel i.e. blue) or get the card to dump direct to a file.

A Grabber card

I use this card at work and it also supports linux.
Not cheap though 230 pounds(uk) (Ex-Vat)
Do you mean to just feed live video from a webcam (probably connected via USB), and render that frame-by-frame into an opengl texture, then use that texture in your scene?

I don't see anything difficult about that, you will just have to find a library like the ones used by video chat clients, and translate the individual frames into textures on the fly. I am not sure, but I would guess that there is a library for this pre-installed on Windows, as there is on Mac.

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement