Sign in to follow this  
mullet

direction

hi, ive just joined your community, and have started going through the openGl tutorials. i havent spent more than a day or two on them but i would like to know am i able to ask simple questions here? if not please could you inform me of where i can ask such simple questions. thanks, if i can ask them here, could someone please help with the simplest of methods. i am up busy understanding tut 1 to tut 7. i havent gone further and perhaps the solution lies there but what i want to know is... how do i map more than one bitmap on to say a cube. there is the data structure GLuint texture[3]; // Storage For 3 Textures i understand function LoadBMP() and i can see how one bitmap is loaded i.e. binded with nearest Filtered Texture, linear or mipmapped. but for instance if i didnt want to load different filters, but just different bitmaps, how could i go about this? any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I don't have an answer to your question, but certainly feel free to ask basic code questions right here in the For Beginners forum - that's what we're here for [wink] In general, there's a forum for just about any kind of discussion in the forum list, and the closer your post is to the topic of a particular forum, the better feedback you'll get there. When in doubt, be sure to read the Forum FAQ for a forum to see what sort of things are discussed there.

As for OpenGL questions specifically, you might try the OpenGL forum, where most of the people who are knowledgeable about OpenGL will be able to see your question much more quickly and give you a good answer.

Anyways, welcome to GDNet, and enjoy your stay [smile]