[SPOILER] jedi cutting down unarmed foes? [SPOILER]

Started by
26 comments, last by higherspeed 18 years, 10 months ago
I liked quite a lot the 5th element. Bruce willis and the future works well for me. :p
As anyone played apocalypse for the psx? I have finished that game. AWESOME.

But like I was saying... The first 2 movies of the new star war triology weren't BAD movies. They weren't also great as the movies in the first triology, but truly... How many movies are that good? I think that they were good and I also think that SW EP3: RoS is a better movie than the first two of this triology.

Seeing someone refering to Morpheus ( lol ) I remembered another movie. Equilibrium. I also liked that movie a lot... :)
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Genjix
Quote:Original post by Uthman
Morpheus was the coolest guy in episode 3 and i was wholeheartedly thwarted when he got owned.

Samuel Jackson was in my opinion the worst thing in Star Wars, as he was totally unrealistic (read I'm not going out like no punk!), and is in fact a pussy (woah! what a hard man! lol)

Seriously everyone complains about Jar Jar Binks, but I didn't think he was that bad at all. Mace Windu, Padme Admidala and the fact that the jedi got killed by crappy storm troopers (which die so easily in later films by silly teddy bears).

I liked the acting of Samuel L. Jackson. He's quite a good and versatile actor.
Jar Jar Binks in star wars is like the goto statement. 'Nuff said :P

Jedi being killed by storm troopers is a normal thing. First and foremost they weren't expecting that, not by a longshot, so they were so easily killed. And in the AOTC they too died and weren't even in a situation that they were suprised. They were surrounded by droidekas and such (which are very tough)....
And another thing... Not all Jedis are Yoda. :) Not all jedis can take on 3487589345834659364596 enemies at once and live. That's only for yoda, luke and such... And Duke Nukem of course. "May the force come get some!" :D
You know in Star Wars Ep III at the beginning where obi wan, anakin and palpatine are trapped in the ray shields and brought before grievous where they break free? Well just after grievous escapes by breaking the glass (future technology and all [smile]), I noticed loads of droids and Neimoidian's running away and, obi wan and anakin chasing after them and cutting down the unarmed victims (who never laid a hand on the jedi before hand).

My question is, isn't this against the 'jedi way'?

I noticed this with the droids, but thought it would be considered fine since they're not people. If they are, then the Republic is pretty cool with slavery.

I didn't see them chopping up Neimoidians, I'll have to check it out again someday.
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
I think they should have made a movie staring R2D2. It was by far the best character in the whole series and the only entertaining one in my opinion.
Quote:Original post by Wavinator
You know in Star Wars Ep III at the beginning where obi wan, anakin and palpatine are trapped in the ray shields and brought before grievous where they break free? Well just after grievous escapes by breaking the glass (future technology and all [smile]), I noticed loads of droids and Neimoidian's running away and, obi wan and anakin chasing after them and cutting down the unarmed victims (who never laid a hand on the jedi before hand).

My question is, isn't this against the 'jedi way'?

I noticed this with the droids, but thought it would be considered fine since they're not people. If they are, then the Republic is pretty cool with slavery.

I didn't see them chopping up Neimoidians, I'll have to check it out again someday.

They weren't chopping up Neimoidians, but the fact is droids are very humanlike
- R2D2 and Threepio are treated so in 4,5 and 6
- See the way they run away? Or they way they shrink away from Grievous? Or they way they put their hands up before they get cut? Or the way they chat?

The fact is they were unarmed, and the jedi just cut them down in cold blood.
They weren't chopping up Neimoidians, but the fact is droids are very humanlike
- R2D2 and Threepio are treated so in 4,5 and 6
- See the way they run away? Or they way they shrink away from Grievous? Or they way they put their hands up before they get cut? Or the way they chat?

The fact is they were unarmed, and the jedi just cut them down in cold blood.

Droids don't have blood. They are also clearly not considered living creatures, irregardless of how they act. C3PO in particular is clearly nothing more than ALICE with legs. I've programmed robots that run away from heat...does that mean they're afraid of melting? Of course not, its just their programming.

Presumably, if there was any reason to believe the droids had developed a consciousness, they wouldn't be treated the way they are by *everybody*, least of all the Jedi.

CM
Yeah, it really was disturbing that this time around they gave all the droids a hell of a lot more personality than the other movies and then seeing them get slaughtered and stuff.
Well the droids aren't living and probably more importantly don't have the force running through them. I suppose Grievous being an android could have had some force, but even with 4 lightsabers or whatever it was, he was beaten.

I'm not sure what these plot holes people speak of are, anyone care to enlighten me? In my experience most perceived plot holes are just down to ignorance of the viewer eg the Matrix.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement