frustrum culling

Started by
1 comment, last by kosmon_x 18 years, 10 months ago
Can anyone suggest the most efficient way of frustrum culling? I remember reading something about doing checks in screen space since this represents a box rather than a pyramid..... hmm..... SimoN
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by sipickles
I remember reading something about doing checks in screen space since this represents a box rather than a pyramid..... hmm.....

Perhaps, but tranforming everything to clip space (I assume you really mean clip space) will probably cost more than simply doing the checks in world space. After all, a simple dot product and comparison is all that is required to determine on which side of a plane a point lies.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
Space-partitioning systems organized in a tree structure seem to be a very quick and efficient way of frustum culling, and are relatively easy to implement. Things like quad and oct-trees, etc.

But, I think it really depends on what kind of scene you are looking to cull. Do you have lots of occluders you want account for, or is it an indoors scene with lots of portals, or something else?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement