[4E4] Are you competing?

Started by
84 comments, last by ToohrVyk 18 years, 10 months ago
hmmm i'm currently a maybe/unlikely.. ever since learning GLSL I've become alergic to the fixed function pipeline code... that said, i've just come up with a semi amsuing idea so i might give it a go... maybe [grin]

If I do it'll be an OpenGL job, my own windowing core and then whatever I slap in to make it go, probably using Lua
Advertisement
Depending on the worthiness of the prizes or the value of the bragging rights (like if it gets me a decent job...), i would enter. My current plans are 2D w/ OpenGL. I have enough basecode to work with that i could probably put together a smallish, complete game with artwork in 4.5 months. The exact design i will not be offering to the public, but it probably falls in the realm of "semi-mindless shooting" (like, what else are zombies good for? ;-)
I plan on competing.

My plan is to make the best game, and I've already formlulated the winning stratagy

1. Here about contest (done)
2. ?
3. Win Contest (done day of judgeing)

Just me
Oh what the heck. I'll do it.

I'm planning on blending three genres together. Yes, you heard it right, three genres in one game. Overhead exploration, maze, and side-scroller (very much like that Mario of old).

Whether it'll work has yet to be seen...
I'm competing. Whether I will get something done is another matter... Time will tell :) It will be I nice change to make that kill, job-getting demo I've been meaning to make for the last year.

Genre: 2.5D, won't say more yet. Will properly feature all 4 elements.

Tech: My own DirectX based, Python-enhanced engine. Properly FMOD for sound. Will see what else comes in handy as I go along.

PS. Someone needs to make some 4E4 emoticons to put in messages [grin]
I'm compeeting.
For Rendering, I am going to be using hxRender of course.
Everything else is going to be handled by SDL.

The graphics are definitly going to be Isometric, and the game play is going to borrow heavily from Radia Senki (I hope i spelled that right).

The story is going to be sureal to say the least.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
I might compete. If I do I'm going to be using SDL and probably FMOD. The character will be a robot and sometime in the game he'll get a ninja as a friend. He'll be looking for a pirate.

I'm trying to work out a story right now and then once I have that I'll decide if I really want to enter. Right now I only have a basic plot with a few scattered events that I'd like to have happen.
I am competing with a 2D/3D Turned-based game in good o' Opengl.
I'm not competing--I've dedicated this summer to designing a filesystem and a programming language (sounds like fun, huh? It is for me!).

EDIT:
If I were to compete, I'd probably use python and pygame to make some sort of sidescroller.
I'm competing. My entry will be a small sidescrolling beat-em-up style game, using OpenGL for rendering. I'm undecided on a library for sound/music. I'm hoping that sticking to a simpler game will allow me to score well with a highly polished effort and some reasonable creativity. I'm intending to include all four elements, but unless the design is altered the player will only be able to play as a ninja.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement