[4E4] Are you competing?

Started by
84 comments, last by ToohrVyk 18 years, 9 months ago
Yeah I find them tricky too!
Advertisement
I guess thats what random advertisements/postsers are good for...
I will be competing. Naturally. It's not like I have a say in the matter or anything, so I'm not even going to pretend to have a choice.

As for the elements, I have no idea which I'll nab for my entry. As for the library/API/spaghetti, I'm still out to lunch. Hopefully everything will unveil itself over the course of the next week or so.

*muttering* Finally, an excuse to use that GD.NET+ developer journal.. */muttering*
Well, my friends and I are putting together a game.....

But of course, all of it is uber top secret.
Sweet, I've just got the net back after nearly a month and find out 4E is back!

Definately competing!

What API/etc? Well, I'm going to do it under .NET, haven't decided if I'll use Tao or MDX yet though. Concept? Not that'd be telling.... (in other words, I only found out the contest was on 10mins ago so I haven't decided [smile])
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
I will be competing too, I guess. The basic idea is creating a roguelike. Two player classes (ninja, pirate) and two player races (zombie, robot). Lots of player skills, monsters and exotic locations. And ASCII graphics, too, although I guess I could mind-control an artist to use tiles instead should the need arise.

I am currently looking into the details of making gameplay unique (right now, tweaking the damage-dealing algorithm).

The game will be made in some language or another, I'm thinking OCaml right now. In any case, it will be open source and cross-platform (Windows, UNIX, Linux, maybe OS X).

EDIT: also, as has been said above, more news in my GDNET journal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement