Sign in to follow this  
Verg

Verg is a dope [fixed!!]

Verg    450
What files should I delete, or what should I adjust: 16 projects in the solution; each time the solution loads up, it believes every project needs built-- it thinks it needs to build everything, when nothing has even changed since the previous build. It only does this after VC 7.1 is shut down, and re-loaded. What files are borked, possibly? Or what's not getting updated? None of the source files are changing; and booooy it's a pain to have to rebuild the whole solution each time! [smile] Thanks. Chad [Edited by - Verg on June 11, 2005 9:09:32 PM]

Moe    1256
When you are creating something new, are you creating a new project or a new solution? If you keep adding projects to a solution, I could see that being a problem. Do you want all of those projects to be part of one solution?

DvDmanDT    1941
Enable minimal rebuild maybe?

[edit]
Nevermind.. If you don't change the sources any, it shouldn't matter anyway.. Sounds like some sort of timestamping problem.. Are you sure it's not something like SourceSafe? Like you do a checkout each time you open VC, and therefore your local sources get overridden, and the timestamp is updated..? Or something like that?

Verg    450
Yep; thanks matthew. That fixed 'er....

Was wondering if it's OK to kill those .suo files.

(how embarrassing to have asked this question [grin])

Thanks again!