Sign in to follow this  
Harryu

Dev-C++ and Visual Toolkit 2003

I got Visual Toolkit 2003 because I couldn't compile some of my DirectX programs with Dev. When I realised Visual Toolkit was a command-line compiler, I thought maybe I could configure Dev-C++ to use VT's linker and compiler, but still use the Dev interface. If anybody has any ideas, help would be greatly appreciated.

I have done it before so I can assure you its possible. It was awhile ago and I dont remeber the details though. I wasnt using directx though so I'm not sure about that.

Not exactly sure what you're trying to do here. It depends on how you include the Visual Toolkit 2003. If its a library like openGl or directx is, I think adding the .lib file inside Project -> Project Options -> Parameters -> Linker options and the file path/name will work. If its requiring a new compiler (I think that's the case), you go Tools -> Compiler Options -> Add new compiler set. After that, you need to fill in the command on how to call the new compiler in the text box below (I'm not sure how, actually). Then in order to select that compiler, change the project options to select that compiler set.

I haven't personally done this, so I cannot gurantee this working. And infact, if you don't get it this way quickly, I'd try other avenues, like replacing g++.exe with the exe of the desired compiler.

Hmm, now I can compile my program with Code::Blocks fine, but when it tries to link, I get this error:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__fopen

I have included <stdio.h>, <windows.h>, <stdarg.h>, <stdlib.h>, even <wchar.h>.

I don't know which libraries to include though, so that might be where the problem lies.

HELP ME