Sign in to follow this  
derek7

NVIDIA NVPerfHUD adapter is not available

when I use NVPerfHUD to update my program,I find I have no ¡°NVIDIA NVPerfHUD¡± adapter. my d3d9->GetAdapterCount() is 1; so just there is a D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT. why? my card is FX5200 , driver is nv4_disp.dll version 6.14.10.6672 dx is 9.0c look official document: System Requirements Any NVIDIA GPU (NV20 or later) GeForce FX 5200 and later recommended Older GPUs are supported but with reduced functionality NVIDIA display drivers 56.64 or later Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Windows 2000 or Windows XP

I didn`t have problems with NVperfHUD and FX5200, but I didn`t use enumeration either ;)
However, don`t forget that NVperfHUD adapter is reference adapter, so maybe directx is not enumerating it by default (there is an option for it in directx settings)

Just a question - are you using NVPerfHud correctly (passing your program's main executable as a parameter to NVPerfHud.exe - or simply drag'n drop your .exe onto the NVPerfHud Launcher shortcut on the desktop)?
It seems strange that GetAdapterCount returns only 1 ... I use NVPerfHud with a Geforce4 Ti 4200 and it works without any problems ...

Quote:
Original post by BRooksWackerman
Just a question - are you using NVPerfHud correctly (passing your program's main executable as a parameter to NVPerfHud.exe - or simply drag'n drop your .exe onto the NVPerfHud Launcher shortcut on the desktop)?
It seems strange that GetAdapterCount returns only 1 ... I use NVPerfHud with a Geforce4 Ti 4200 and it works without any problems ...

yes, GetAdapterCount return 1 .so the problem here.