GGC Crash with ilUT and DevIL

Started by
2 comments, last by evolutional 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I'm experiencing an annoying problem trying to use DevIL's OpenGL bindings, whenever I try and use any functions that deal with ilut and OpenGL, I get a nasty crash. I've tried calling both ilutGLTexImage and ilutGLBindTexImage and they both segfault on me. I have initialised ilut with ilutRenderer( ILUT_OPENGL ) and the DevIL image has loaded correctly, just whenever I try and use some of the helper functions I'm getting a crash. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, can you help me fix it - I'll give you a rating and a cookie. I'm using MinGW, with GCC 3.4.x and the DevIL 1.6.7 SDK which was downloaded precompiled from the SF project page. Thanks
Advertisement
I just stepped through the DevIL ILUT functions in question with the debugger and they *seem* to be working correctly, however the return variable from ilutGLBindTexImage() is set incorrectly afterwards. The only thing I can think of is that the heap is getting corrupted somewhere along the line.
Just for the fun of it, you may want to try doing a source build.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
I've done that for ILUT, perhaps I should try for the full thing.

I'm tempted to scrap it and just use my old TGA loader code as the SF project has a raft of issues filed about using and compiling DevIL for GCC.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement