anim8or or blender?

Started by
13 comments, last by Yosh 18 years, 10 months ago
i've figured out how to use anim8or and i think it's a very good 3d modeler. recently, some guy said that blender is way better than anim8or and that you shouldn't use anim8or because people don't make games with it anymore. i tried out blender but there's way too many functions and the interface is way too difficult for me. is it true that blender should be used over anim8or or is this purely one person's opinion?
Advertisement
I like Blender a lot better then Anim8or. Blender can do everything Anim8or can and more. It can export to almost any format. It has a raytracer, a game engine, and is extendable with python.

It takes a while to get used to Blenders interface but once you learn it you wont want to go back to Anim8or. Read the manual and reread if you have to. It took me a week to get used to Blender.
i already use a game engine. what is a raytracer? where do you get the blender manuel?
Anim8or because speed matter and you don't have to try and learn stupid keyboard gymastics. I find with Anim8or you can get stuff done way quicker. I tried Blender for a while, but just got lost in the user interface. Anim8or and Blender are both good though.
The manual is here.
A raytracer is a program that makes photo realistic images from a model. Google for more info.
seems like there's a lot to read. is there a version of that manuel that comes in .pdf format?
Try http://download.blender.org/documentation/.
Blender kicks a**! I use it a lot, and while I'm not an expert, I can still do ok with it.

The UI does take a bit of getting used to, as it's not your usual Win-based UI.
But in the longer term it is FAR faster than other Apps.

It has an Video Sequencer Editor that is very cool, I'm making an amimation right now using some of its features.
If you gave a helpful reply, I rated you up.
You could buy the book to. I have it and its a wealth of very useful information.
If you gave a helpful reply, I rated you up.
I've been learning blender for the past couple of weeks. It was an absolute pain in the ass for awhile, but now I'm slowly starting to get the hang of it. Once you get over the bizarre mouse button functions and memorize the most common keyboard commands, it's moderately efficient.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement