Sign in to follow this  
jimiwa

vc++ .net standard ed. - can I sell my games?

jimiwa    122
Does anyone know if I can legally sell my own games that I create and compile with visual c++ .net standard edition? I was still confused about this issue even after having read the license agreement.

MrRage    127
I believe you can, and on top of that you could even use the educational edition to make software and publish it as long as you’re a student when you purchased it.

MS does give away a compiler with no IDE and you can make commercial binaries with that I’m pretty sure, so don’t think there would be a problem with it.

I’d be very surprised if you couldn’t sell your work legally.

ktuluorion    393
Unless the lisence has changed over the last few versions, then yes you can.

If the lisence has changed, like the previous poster said, just download the free compiler to compile and link it, and you are good to go.

If you haven't bought yet, I suggest you check out ebay. You can find the Visual Studio Professional for just a few nuggets more than just C++ standard in a store.

coldacid    755
However, the free compiler that MSFT makes available online is the professional edition compiler, and it is optimizing. There's supposedly some way to make it work with the standard edition IDE...