• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fuchu

When should I start with 2-D?

This topic is 4871 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When should I start learning my x's and y's. And when should I start learning my x y z's? (the x y z's) i n t x float y i n t z lol When should I start learning 2-D graphics? Would it be wise after classes? Or later on?

Advertisement
After classes would be best, I reccomend right after you get OOP basics down, you go get SDL and look at Cone3D and cornerstone SDL tuts.

Ok 2-D after classes? And 3-D after I get Object OP down? Or does Classes deal with OOP? Oh yeah they do. Stupid question... sorry. After I get my 2-D down I goto get SDL and and look at Cone3D and cornerstone SDL tuts. Right?

Well, Spend at least a year on 2D before you start on 3d concepts, hamer out some pong, tetris, and spy hunter clones to get a feel for graphics, then start on 3d.

Eh, you don't HAVE to do SpyHunter. Do whatever you like and feel like will help you understand game development better.

I know.... a small Mario - like platform game! Sond good? Like A small dude where you through fireballs at little monsters? And then at the end you get a sword and fight off a bigger one? It would just be like a 2 level game. Sound good for a last 2-D game? Or would I not want to do that. Something more like Space Invaders?

Ok. Good. So I will get classes down where I can use them w/o looking back. And then look a little at 2-D. So is there a specific language of 2-D? Could I have an example for C++? Like is there a specific language like OpenGL?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!