When should I start with 2-D?

Started by
12 comments, last by fuchu 18 years, 10 months ago
When should I start learning my x's and y's. And when should I start learning my x y z's? (the x y z's) i n t x float y i n t z lol When should I start learning 2-D graphics? Would it be wise after classes? Or later on?
My friend wants to learn to program in C++. If he forgets BASIC right away, well, I am worried.
Advertisement
After classes would be best, I reccomend right after you get OOP basics down, you go get SDL and look at Cone3D and cornerstone SDL tuts.
Ok 2-D after classes? And 3-D after I get Object OP down? Or does Classes deal with OOP? Oh yeah they do. Stupid question... sorry. After I get my 2-D down I goto get SDL and and look at Cone3D and cornerstone SDL tuts. Right?
My friend wants to learn to program in C++. If he forgets BASIC right away, well, I am worried.
Well, Spend at least a year on 2D before you start on 3d concepts, hamer out some pong, tetris, and spy hunter clones to get a feel for graphics, then start on 3d.
What is SpyHunter? I will do as you say.
Eh, you don't HAVE to do SpyHunter. Do whatever you like and feel like will help you understand game development better.
A game from the 80s, that is just a suggestion, about any NES/Arcade game is good.

I know.... a small Mario - like platform game! Sond good? Like A small dude where you through fireballs at little monsters? And then at the end you get a sword and fight off a bigger one? It would just be like a 2 level game. Sound good for a last 2-D game? Or would I not want to do that. Something more like Space Invaders?
Anything like that is good.

Ok. Good. So I will get classes down where I can use them w/o looking back. And then look a little at 2-D. So is there a specific language of 2-D? Could I have an example for C++? Like is there a specific language like OpenGL?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement