Sign in to follow this  
appel

Free 2D game design/source?

appel    112
Hello, I'm wondering if there is any (open-source) game out there built using SDL? I'm interested at taking a look at a complete game and see all the inner-workings. I feel like I learn a lot more from reading code :) Also! Does anyone know if UML is used to describe game engines, such as class and/or activity diagrams? [Edited by - appel on June 11, 2005 10:17:20 PM]

Daaark    3553
There is some game source code links here in the articles section I believe. Why do you need it to be using SDL? The concepts don't very much across libraries.

jfclavette    1058
Quote:
Original post by appel
Also! Does anyone know if UML is used to describe game engines, such as class and/or activity diagrams?

I know I use it. Couldn't tell you for major developpers but I expect at least some do.

Will F    1069
Take a look at the games section on the SDL website. There are currently 496 listed - many have their source code available.

While you're there also check out the Demos and tutorials sections, there's tons of code available there.

Also check out the games section at freshmeat.net There's hundreds of game projects listed there, some of which use SDL.

Also check out The Linux Game Tome many of the projects listed there have source available, and many use SDL. I assume you use Windows (most people here do), but don't worry too much about this being a linux site, as many games written in SDL can easily be compiled for windows.