• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PurpleAmethyst

Good Symbian Books

This topic is 4726 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, can anyone reccomend some good books for learning to program in Symbian OS. I already have a average knowledge of C++, so I don't want a book that teaches me C++. Just a good book about Symbian OS.

Advertisement
i have both developing series 60 aplications and symbian OS c++ for mobile phones vol 1 and 2. and truth is, i dont use them at all

the books are pretty much 20% how symbian works and the rest of misc api descriptions(actualy symbian OS c++ for mobile phones vol 2 is just that), stuff liek networking, mms, camera, etc since im not using none of that in my games the books are collecting dust. also by the time i found out what books were good,ordered them and got them i already knew most of what i needed :(

well either way, i find developing series 60 aplications easier to read and a little more complete than symbian OS c++, but they are pretty much the same thing except that symbian OS c++ uses the generic symbian flavor, which i found the difference to be minimal from s60 as well

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!