• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Noxir

help

This topic is 4880 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How to install latest directx for dev-cpp (explain exactly how plz?) and where I can find tutorials / books for the latest directx? I've found out that directx is much easier and better than opengl so I'll just change programming language :) Thanks for answers Noxir

Advertisement
Exactly where did you hear that DirectX was easier? :s

I'm not sure you can get DX for Dev-cpp really.. Not DX 9 anyway.. You can get DX7 and DX8 by downloading some inofficial files from like the allegro project or something.. Or from SDL, can't remember.. Maybe you can find help on google?

I've already searched on google for a while.
What other compilers do you recommend? (I prefer free but I could buy one if it's the only way compiling DX)

In your Dev-CPP compiler...
Tools->Check For Updates/Packages...->Check For Updates
there are two choices to choose from to get the Dev-pak, I think you choose "devpaks.org Community Devpaks"; if that doesn't work, here is a site Devpaks.org

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!