• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kin Wong

DX8 ActionMap Problem

This topic is 6416 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

HI, Have you guys used the ActionMap in DirectInput8? After following the tutorial to setup everything I found I can only receive certain keys. For example, I can''t even receive the left control but I can get the left shift. I also get quite a lot of error (hr = 0x80040207) back from IDirectInputDevice8::GetDeviceData() calls. After some checking the error code is not defined in DX8 but as a system error with description like the followed: The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn''t exist. Do you guys have the same problem or is it specific to Windows 2000? Many thanks in advance. Kinny Wong

Advertisement
I worked out why my code doesn''t and I believe a lot of people is going to fall in the same trap so I better share my findings with you.

When you change the order or the number of DIACTIONs in your code in order for the new keys to take effect your can either change the guidActionMap in DIACTIONFORMAT, or reconfigure the input device with the IDirectInput8::ConfigureDevices().

Kinny Wong

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!