• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MTclip

??errors to check for.. when render 2 texture???

This topic is 4881 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey I have a simple program that renders the image to a texture does some post shader work and then draws that texture to the backbuffer and displays it.. however on my laptop the render to texture seems to not work.. the screen is a nice black... ( i used to think that this was due to the shader .. but i eliminated that).. I know that a laptop's gpu may not have all the features of a desktop.. So i am just not sure what to check for .. any ideas...??

Advertisement
Hi,

It can be many things, check the device caps of your laptop's graphic chip, make sure the buffer formats you are using are supported on that hardware, same thing for vertex and pixel shaders. And the best thing to do is to check the return codes of your D3D calls. Most, if not all of them return a HRESULT that can help you tracking any error.

You can also use the debug runtime of Direct3D, available under "Direct X" in the control panel. That way, you should get messages in the debug output whenever something goes wrong with D3D.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!