I just found out she enjoys being single

Started by
116 comments, last by Boris Karloff 18 years, 10 months ago
Well, I've been chatting with this chick that I've known from secondary school (last saw her in person 2 years ago, but we've been communicating on and off). I asked her out 3 years ago, in school, and she refused, saying she wasn't ready and all, which was understood. She's 17 now, I'm 18. We've been friends since I got turned down [grin], and yes, I'm pretty much ok with that. No complaints whatsoever. Somehow, we just engaged in a conversation about relationships, which she started, unexpectedly. She asked if I had a "special someone", and I said no. Also asked her, and she said there's no one. I asked why, and she went on about how she's pretty much free being single and all, the benefits, etc. None of which included being able to flirt or get involved with just about any guy. She doesn't even have a crush, for crying out loud (or maybe I'm just uninformed), which I find very interesting. I still intend to find out more later, but anyway, just thought I'd share this. Are there any other ladies/women out there who're like this?
Advertisement
Could be she is trying to make sure you don't spend much time hitting on her,...
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
I am not hitting on her O.o
Never ever trust what a woman says, if she's not hidding anything from you, or just straight lying, we men lack the skills to really understand what they're trying to say.

In other words, pay more attention to what she does rather than what she says.
women are in a constant state of confusion, they really dont know what they want and frequently have to be told. the fact that you listen to women at all makes me wonder what makes you tick. indeed, engage in conversation with them, but dont listen to what they say. if u want to find out if she likes you, stick your johnson in her mouth. if she bites down real hard, its a good bet she doesnt like you.
http://www.geocities.com/asdasd12345/
You obviously need to get her some cats.
A LOT of these types of posts appearing in the general lately (I got a girlfriend! should I do her? ect).

Girls are hard to read, they are usually written in a language THEY don't even understand.
She turned you down before. Obviously she's not helpless to your charm.
Then you got over it and became friends. She then liked you even less for the fact you're now on her friend ladder. You braved it and asked her if she fancied anyone. She said no. (not even you). Then she let you know she was fine being single (a.k.a. dont even think of hitting on me).
Or does she really enjoy being single? I think Not,...if some really hot guy came tomorrow, she could fall for him and be with him despite what she said.
You need to forget her,..at least till you get way cooler, richer and just generally more adept.
But hey,..maybe its just me being paranoid. Pay no attention to what I've said.
______________________________Yes I think the rev pad sucks/so does 50 and the DS. I like action and am not ashamed. I prefer brunettes but hate chocolate. Yes,I have opinions!!! Rate as you will.
The problem with these questions is they're just so specific. Much of the information transfered during conversation is non-verbal body language -- what comes out of her mouth is often irrelevant. Not all the time, but often. The fact that you haven't talked with her in person for two years probably will make it impossible to tell if she really likes you, unfortunately. Especially if it's all been over IM, and not even phone conversations.

Let me put it this way: if the girl really really likes you, you'll know it. That's how it's always been with me (and trust me, I am quite the lady's man [grin]).
Quote:Original post by Access
Or does she really enjoy being single? I think Not,...if some really hot guy came tomorrow, she could fall for him and be with him despite what she said.

enjoying being single and going out with someone (god I hate that term...) who comes along suddenly arent as daft as you think.

I might not be a girl but I do enjoy being single, I could give you a list of why as well, however if I met someone tomorrow who totally blew me away then yeah, I could swap positon and see myself with them.

The same with the fancying (another term I hate) thing, not everyone fancies someone all of the time, I can go for months at a time and not find fancy anyone at all (I either know them all too well todo so or they just arent that attractive to me) and every now and then someone will pop up and I'll think 'yeah..' and maybe that'll last a while until I become bored of them, nowt happens or owt does happen and it all goes horribly wrong and then that part of my brain just switches off.. i know i'm not alone in this although i dont know how common this state of mind is.

btw, all you people saying to liquidAir 'move on' the impression I got was he has so your advise is a tad late/redundant [grin]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement