jpeg2000 book recomendation?

Started by
0 comments, last by Lutz 18 years, 10 months ago
I need a book on jpeg2000, what do you recommend? I saw this book at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471484229/qid=1118665992/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/102-6183462-7744968?v=glance&s=books However it says its for graduate? I have a course about signal and image processing in my university and I have all the prerequests for this course. In this course they teach the theory behind jpeg compression. Does it mean that I have the math required for understanding this book? I would appreaciate help on this matter. Thanks in advance.
It's all about the wheel.Never blindly trust technoligy.I love my internal organs.Real men don't shower.Quote:Original post by Toolmaker Quote:Original post by The C modest godHow is my improoved signature?It sucks, just like you.
Advertisement
Understanding JPEG helps a lot.
JPEG2000 still consists of the three steps
- fancy transform,
- quantisation and
- coding.

In JPEG2000, you do
- wavelet transforms instead of discrete cosine transforms and
- arithmetic coding instead of Huffman coding.

I don't know how the quantisation exactly works, though, but I think they use EZT coding which is quite easy to understand. There's also a nice introductory paper available:

Bryan E. Usevitch “A tutorial on Modern Lossy wavelet Image compression: Foundations of JPEG-2000” IEEE signal processing Magazine, September 2001

Unfortunately, I've just found out that it's password protected. It used to be free earlier.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement