• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
theonetheycalledabe

finding older versions of Adobe products

This topic is 4814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Good day, Not exactly sure if this is the best place for this request but here goes. I'm looking for advice on the best place to buy an older version of Adobe Illustrator (8 or 9) for PC. And beyond that any respectable used/old software dealers online. And secondly, anyone out there had trouble getting English versions of software shipped abroad (I'm in Japan). any help is appreciated, abe

Advertisement
I don't know exactly how much you're looking to spend, but you can get Illustrator 11 for $99 and version 10 for $79 dollars here.

The site looks legit, and that doesn't seem like too much for new products, assuming you don't mind not having the CD and box.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's warez. Why?

Quote:
3d Studio Max 5.1 [Which Discreet refuses to allow to be sold]
Retail price: $479.95 [Normally $3,500 to $4,000]
Our download price: $79.95

Because we ALL know that a box and a cd cost $400.

Quote:
Original post by kingnosis
I don't know exactly how much you're looking to spend, but you can get Illustrator 11 for $99 and version 10 for $79 dollars here.

The site looks legit, and that doesn't seem like too much for new products, assuming you don't mind not having the CD and box.

There's quite a few of these "legit" sites out there. Personally I'd like to have the box sitting on my shelf and the option for an upgrade later on down the road.

Version 10 from Amazon at $200 plus looks like my only option.

Quote:
Original post by videodragon20032003
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's warez. Why?

Quote:
3d Studio Max 5.1 [Which Discreet refuses to allow to be sold]
Retail price: $479.95 [Normally $3,500 to $4,000]
Our download price: $79.95

Because we ALL know that a box and a cd cost $400.

Touché

The fact that they offer 3DS Max as a download probably shows that it's warez.

3DS Max requires a hardware dongle in order to work. The only way you're getting it as a download, is if it's cracked.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!