g++ Lesson 1(Linker errors?)

Started by
1 comment, last by Revelations 18 years, 10 months ago
Okay, so I've been playing around with NeHe's lesson 1 using g++ under Windows(MingW). I'm fairly new to c++, and completely new to Windows GUI, so I assume this could be part of the problem. I've tried compiling with -mwindows, -lopengl32, -lglu32, and various combinations of these. I've tried including

#pragma comment(lib,"opengl32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib,"glu32.lib")
as well, with no luck. Anyways, on to the error messages!

C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x31):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glViewport@16'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x40):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glMatrixMode@4'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x48):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glLoadIdentity@0'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x76):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `gluPerspective@32'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x85):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glMatrixMode@4'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x8d):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glLoadIdentity@0'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0xa2):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glShadeModel@4'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0xcd):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glClearColor@16'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0xda):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glClearDepth@8'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0xe9):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glEnable@4'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0xf8):main.cpp: undefined re
ference to `glDepthFunc@4'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x10f):main.cpp: undefined r
eference to `glHint@8'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x12c):main.cpp: undefined r
eference to `glClear@4'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x134):main.cpp: undefined r
eference to `glLoadIdentity@0'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x192):main.cpp: undefined r
eference to `wglMakeCurrent@8'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x1cd):main.cpp: undefined r
eference to `wglDeleteContext@4'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x7cd):main.cpp: undefined r
eference to `wglCreateContext@4'
C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESG~1\LOCALS~1\Temp/ccYDaaaa.o(.text+0x82f):main.cpp: undefined r
eference to `wglMakeCurrent@8'

This is using the command line: g++ -lopengl32 -lglu32 main.cpp -o main.exe -mwindows Any and all help is greatly appreciated(when are we going to get GDNet forum search back? I can't be the first with this problem, and the Google GDNet search only gave me the ideas outlined above.) Edit: Because I suck at source tags.
Advertisement
try:
g++ main.cpp -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lgdi32 -mwindows -o main.exe

some versions (?) of gcc has some issues with what order stuff is linked. hope this solves your problem...
Using your advice I fooled around more with the order of my command line argument and... it works! Thanks, feel stupid for not thinking that one up myself.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement