Books...

Started by
15 comments, last by moagstar 18 years, 10 months ago
Game Engine Design is a great book.. although it should have been named 'Game Engine Implementation'.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Saruman
Game Engine Design is a great book.. although it should have been named 'Game Engine Implementation'.

My feeling exactly. The author is writing the second edition, and although we can't expect a change in title :), it will be updated with more graphic representation of the explenation presented. Like I said in an earlier post, I did enjoy this book even after being mislead by the title, but I had to use other reference to make sense in some areas of the book (and I'm not afraid of Math).

If you think you can, wait for the 2nd edition, I think it's worth the wait. I'll probably end up buying it again.

Shadx
Are you sure there is a second edition?

The author's book Game Engine Architecture pretty much lays out the engine architecture/design along with implementation.
Quote:Original post by Saruman
Are you sure there is a second edition?

The author's book Game Engine Architecture pretty much lays out the engine architecture/design along with implementation.

Yep

3D Game Engine Design (Author)

I can't seem to find Eberly's home page anymore. My bookmark seems to be dead. I think he did have a blurb on it about what kind of possible update to look forward to.

Shadx
cool :)

and btw you can find Eberly's site at Geometric Tools now, his company.
Ah thanks!

I thought for sure I'd lost it for good.
Quote:Original post by Holy Fuzz

Real-Time Rendering, 2nd ed.
by Tomas Akenine-Moller, Eric Haines

Like everyone else I recommend this book, it is the most useful book I have ever read, it is so comprehensive you will pinch yourself. And if it's not covered in the book, chances are the author will direct you to a resource which will help you with what you need. An absolute must for graphics programming.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement