• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Jmg129

Help With Logo Design

This topic is 4875 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, ive created some logos with photoshop for our company but isnt really what we wanted. So any photoshoppers here want to help me out? You will not be paid, its more of a volunteer work. If you are interested then reply back and ill fill you in on the deatils such as the company name and some examples of how we want it.

Advertisement
Well, I can't really help out as I'm designing logos (traditionally, no computing involved) for a local community. However, I can give you some pointers on logo design:
  • Have a basic idea for what your employer is looking for. Just thinking up an idea and throwing it their way is NOT the way business works. (Unless your employer specifically asks for this - however, it's common curtosy to ask "what they're looking for" before attempting anything.)
  • Keeping your employer's ideas in mind, draw up several ideas pertaining to the criteria at hand.
  • Keep in contact constantly with your employer. Never, EVER finish a piece without first reviewing it with your employer - this will save you a lot of headaches in the long run.
  • Make sure to not "over complicate" things too much. A simple yet effective logo goes a longer way than a complex and convoluted one. Basically, try not to make it too "busy".
  • Obey deadlones. This is essential.
  • If you're drawing the logos in the traditional sense (instead of on a computer), try to use vibrant colours. Paints, markers, pastels, anything BUT pencil crayons. (Yeah, we all make mistakes. *sigh*)

That's all that I can think of now. I hope I was of some help!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!