• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mattman

Empty DirectX Project Linking Errors

This topic is 4874 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I created a new DirectX application by using the DirectX Sample Browser, and clicking on Empty Project (C++, not Managed). When I went to build the application, I got these linking errors, and I have no idea how to resolve them. Any ideas?
Linking...
dxut.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DSwapChain9
dxutmesh.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DBaseTexture9
dxutmisc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DBaseTexture9
dxutmisc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DTexture9
dxutmisc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DCubeTexture9
dxutmisc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirect3DVolumeTexture9
Debug/MyEmptyDXApp.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 5 unresolved externals

Advertisement
Well I assumed that since it's creating everything for me, there's nothing special I need to do. I looked, and there are some DirectX related libraries automatically included, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be able to tell what library references are missing (if any)...

Have you included D3D9.lib and D3DX9.lib in your project properties? I'm not sure whether they include them for you by default.

If not, goto Project->Properties->Linker->Input and in the first row enter those 2 libraries.

-fuchiefck

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!