• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
neverland

VC2005 BETA2 problem

This topic is 4726 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using VC2005 BETA2. The code below is successfully compiled. But an error occurred when I ran it. The error is: cannot find a file named MSVCP80D.dll
// Main.cpp
// count the numbers of the words
#include <iostream>
#include <fstream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
	ifstream in("Main.cpp");

string str;
	int lines = 0;
	int words = 0;

while(getline(in, str))
	{
		string ::size_type pos = 0;
		while((pos = str.find_first_of(' ', pos)) != string::npos)
		{
			pos++;
			words++;
		}

lines++;
		words++;
	}

cout << "lines of the file: " << lines << endl;
	cout << "words of the file: " << words << endl;

return 0;
}

Is it because I am using a beta version?

Advertisement
I tried your code and it worked as expected. I have the VC2005 BETA2 as well. A few things to check:

1. Do you have the Windows XP SP2 Platform SDK installed? I doubt that it is required, but I have it and your code worked. Note that it is a 266MB download.
2. Did you have any problems installing the VC2005 beta2 product? Did everything go successfully?
3. Did you just make a Win32 Console project and use that code? Make sure you are not using managed C++ or .Net (C#)

Other than that, I'm not sure why that would happen. Try making a new project and see if it works. It could just be a beta 2 problem with something with your computer's configuration, but the code does work. Good luck!

I have serious install issues with Beta2. You might have the same problems. One of the new ones I'm having this try is that a .Net SaveFileDialog is throwing a ThreadStateException when I try to create it from a second thread (I made SURE to use SingleThreadApartment, but no dice). Works fine with .Net 2.0 Beta 1 installed.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!