• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Umm... DX SDK not downloading in Firefox but works in IE!!

This topic is 4725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/directx/ in Firefox (actually I'm using the test version called Deer Park Alpha 1) and click on Direct X SDK June and try to download it I get this message: "Sorry, we are unable to show you the page you requested. Please try again later." I do the exact same thing in IE and it works... WTF? (tried this many times just to be sure)

Advertisement
When I tried to download it in Opera I had problems because it tried to send me an activex control to validate that my windows was genuine. I have pretty much just accepted now that whenever I download from msdn I fire up a copy of ie6.

Alan

Quote:
Original post by Coder
I have downloaded the June SDK using Firefox 1.0.4. And I always download stuff from MSDN with Firefox. Tried a previous version of Firefox?

No, Deer Park Alpha 1 is the test version for Firefox 1.1
But since it's just a test version I can accept it isn't working...
Good to hear that it works on stable Firefox

EDIT: Aha you meant if I had tried it (I'm tired OK :), no I haven't.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!