Direct3D Sprites

Started by
3 comments, last by Rozik 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi all i have a little problem with a book i bought. It has the following code in it but my compiler just wont compile it. HRESULT CXPen::DrawTexture(CXTexture* Texture) { if((Texture != NULL) && (m_Sprite != NULL)){ D3DXMATRIX Mat; D3DXMatrixTransformation2D(&Mat,NULL,0,Texture->GetScaling(),Texture->GetRotationCenter(),Texture->GetRotation(),Texture->GetTranslation()); m_Sprite->Begin(0); m_Sprite->SetTransformation(&Mat); HRESULT Result = m_Sprite->Draw(Texture->GetTexture(),Texture->GetRect(),NULL,NULL,0xFFFFFFFF); m_Sprite->End(); return Result; } else return E_FAIL; } I get errors in these lines: m_Sprite->Begin(0); m_Sprite->SetTransformation(&Mat); HRESULT Result = m_Sprite->Draw(Texture->GetTexture(),Texture->GetRect(),NULL,NULL,0xFFFFFFFF); in line 1 it tells me that the Begin funktion does not accept one parameter in line 2 it tells me that the SetTransformation funktion is not part of Sprite in line 3 it tells me that the Draw funktion does not accept five parameters i have these dx includes: d3d9.h d3dx9.h if anyone could please help me that would be awsome
Advertisement
m_Sprite is is a LPD3DXSprite pointer

if that helps
The D3DX docs I can see don't have SetTransformation, just SetTransform. So maybe you're using a version that is not the same as in the book.
Chances are your sdk is of a different version then the one used to create that code. Check your documentation to see what parameters the function has.
Thx a lot

new SDK installed

-> Problem solved:)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement