• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Robert_M

Deleting modules

This topic is 4811 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a way to delete module when needed? My problem is that when I discard a module it isn't deleted since it has non zero context reference count. In my app, I have a pool of contexts from which I take unused one and execute function with it, at the moment I load 2 scripts, the second one is loaded during execution of the first one, so they have different contexts assigned to them. When I try to delete modules (engine->Discard), they're not deleted at all, even though none of them is executing.

Advertisement
They are not deleted since the contexts still hold references to them (as you accurately noted). The contexts free their references to the module when they themselves are released, or if they are prepared with another function.

The call to engine->Discard() only sets a flag for the module that says that it is not to be used anymore for new calls. You will not be able to prepare a context with a function from a discarded module. The module name is also freed so that you can compile another module reusing the name.

Regards,
Andreas

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!