• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How to get rid of this trojian

This topic is 4725 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, I dont' know exactly where this post would go (most likly not here I know sorry) but I have Norton Personal Firewall 2005 and it came up witha notice saying a computer from IP address: (my IP) had a Default Block Bla Trojan horse activity, here is the exact log. This must mean I have it locally on my computer but I don't understand b/c I just formatted my HD and just now connected to the internet after installing Norton Personal Firewall 2005. Log file:
I replaced my IP with *'s for security reasons.
Rule "Default Block Bla Trojan horse" blocked (SIAD2(**.***.***.***),1042). Inbound UDP packet. Local address,service is (localhost,1042). Remote address,service is (SIAD2(**.***.***.***),1042). Process name is "N/A". What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Haha, I love Norton. This is most likely a scam. Norton does this all the time, atleast once a month when I was running it, I would get those. To be honest I wouldn't worry about it.

Just make sure you are running Ad-Aware and Webroots Spyware remover and that should keep you clean. Webroots does a good job cleaning trojans if there were ever any one on your machine.

What this does it really makes the consumer believe they are being hacked when they are not, so that they believe that "wow someone is trying to get me but I have great software to protect me from them, so now I will buy even omre Norton products and really protect my PC".This is deceiving but very smart thinking on the business side. What I think, when you run this software your IP address is obviously available to Symantec and they may create a bot to basically take a low level hack and make Nortons firewall pop up to say you were just protected by a hacker when you really were not.

SpywareBlaster, Spybot S&D, Ad-aware, just have those on your system also and maybe also winpatrol and you will most likeley stop anything thats trying to get through unless its something newer.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!