• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Rudy666

mixing projections

This topic is 4728 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've build an application that renders random generated terrain.The terrain is moving so there is feel like we're flying voer it.It is rendered in perspective mode and everything is cool.Over this terrain the plane is flying and the problem is that it is rotating a bit around X axis by several degrees (about 5).This is not what I want to achieve.I made experiment, trying to draw the plane in ortho projection mode and the rest of scene in perspective.I discovered that when we change modes between ortho and perspective it applyies to whole frame and there is probably now way to mix this two projections.I'm asking you people for advice how to avoid the rotation of the plane.The same solution would be used to render shots, because in perspective they are aggregating in the middle of the screen. P.S. sorry for my english ;)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!