• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
WildFire-

basic 3d math

This topic is 4726 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey guys...i just finished prealg and for the summer im going to read up on 3d math so i can actually be able to use opengl and understand it. do any of you have any links to resources dealing with matrices/vectors/trig/some algebra?

Advertisement
Anyone who is doing any programming even remotely relating to the 3D feild has to get andre lamothes "Tricks for the 3D Game Programming Gurus" This is a friggin enormous book covering so much interesting stuff including your math theory you wanted. Also i think most highschool math books will cover most of these topics even if your class did not, just take a look :).

I've got this one, starts of fairly basic (for 3d math) but gets into good stuff that I find hard to follow...

3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development
published by Wordware

"3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development covers fundamental 3D math concepts that are especially useful for computer game developers and programmers. The authors discuss the mathematical theory in detail and then provide the geometric interpretation necessary to make 3D math intuitive. Working C++ classes illustrate how to put the techniques into practice, and exercises at the end of each chapter help reinforce the concepts."

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!