DX Tuts

Started by
6 comments, last by kburkhart84 18 years, 10 months ago
Basicly, I've learned OpenGL, though I don't claim to be an expert, I do know my way around the API. Now I want to learn and implement DirectX, but the whole API, not just the graphics. I can't find any web site with all that good of tutorials, even after googling for it. I tried nexe here on gamedev, but I ended up with empty pages for some reason. Does anyone here know of a good link to some tuts for the whole API. I can probably learn it myself like I learned OpenGL through NEHE.

Advertisement
Books are the best resource, all of the beginner books cover most of DirectX. But, if you don't want to get a book - here is a good site to get you going.

Drunken Hyena
Ollie"It is better to ask some of the questions than to know all the answers." ~ James Thurber[ mdxinfo | An iridescent tentacle | Game design patterns ]
I shall also contribute toymaker which has a bunch of info on DirectX and game programming in general (hit "games index" on the menu to get taken to the appropriate part of the site).

-Mezz
Yeah, books are the best resource at start nowadays. Good book about DirectX :
- The Zen of Direct3D (DirectX8)

Book uses DirectX8, but it really doesn't matter, because if you aren't going to use shaders at start, DX8 and DX9 are almost the same.
Sincerely,Arto RuotsalainenDawn Bringer 3D - Tips & Tricks
Don't forget the Forum FAQ which has a list of good resources!
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
Thanks for the links. I think I'm still going to use OpenGL for graphics, though I may use DX for most everything else. I'll have to get a good look at it. Does anyone know a good spot that has a tutorial for usage of action mapping. I've heard about it, but don't have any real idea of how to implement it.

Best place for ActionMapping is the DX81/9.0a SDK samples. Seriously.

Learn about game programming!Games Programming in C++: Start to Finish
Thanks for that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement