• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
LamerGamer

Test My Game!!!

This topic is 4722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Quote:
Hmmm.. it seems the link doesn't work.

the link does work, just right click and "save file as", that works quite often when "hot linking" is not.

Seems nice your game, but I didn't get it to work properly. First the zip extractor complained about a possible corrupt archive. However I got it to the menu, but when starting a new game WinXP seems to get some problems with it and shuts it down..

oh and you might wanna post in the "Your Announcements" forum instead.

Keep up your work, it seemed nice, I'm sorry it didn't work properly.

Yahoo! temporarily shut your site down since it was using too much bandwidth.

Mike C.

http://www.coolgroups.com/zoomer/

I like it. Looks nice, didnt find any bugs. Excellent work. I have just started my first game and am doing a tetris clone with Allegro also. If I can produce something like that I'll be happy. Well done!

Thanks everyone for your comments. What I'd like to know a breakdown of the game:

Gameplay
Graphics
Music
Funfactor

That would help a lot!!

Bloody good game, bloody good game. Fantastic, in fact! Check your rating, it just went up again.

But, there's an obvious and glaring problem that you really should fix: As far as I can see, your program gives no easy and safe way of exiting. Clicking on the X button in the main window gives me:

The first error, generated by clicking X

Clicking yes closes the main window, but leaves the console window open, and closing that in turn gives me:

The second error, generated by closing the console window

Neither of those should be allowed to happen. You need to put in a proper Exit button on your main menu, to allow it to close cleanly and easily. Also, why do you even have a console window? It's completely unnecessary, and just more to go wrong.

This happens every time I try to exit. It may be a quirk of my system, though. Perhaps that's why nobody else mentioned it.

Other than that, this game is 95% perfect. It's got no other bugs that I've found so far, and this one minor problem is a bit of a shame considering how polished the rest of it is. Fixing that problem will bring it up to 100% easily.

Hope I've helped you here,

ukdeveloper.

The same happened with me ukdeveloper, but I tried to press Esc in the main menu and the window closed. No error message there, but that´s still a no good way to exit.
I have to say that the game is very nice. If u just fix the exit part your game get´s perfect.
Hope I can make something like that in the next few months :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!