openGL slow on nvidia?

Started by
6 comments, last by daviangel 18 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I've got a problem with a demo I'm working on with openGL. I sent it to a friend to try and he was getting the same frame rate as me around 700 fps, and then I sent it to someone else and they were getting 60 fps, the only difference in their systems were that the friend with the high frame rate was running an ati card same as me and the other friend was running an nvidia card. I just sent it to another friend with an nvidia card and same problem he was only getting 70 fps. So I'm just wondering is there a compiler option for compiling it to run well on any hardware, is this a common problem out there or is this just me?
Advertisement
He's got vsync enabled. Disable it in display properties.
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
That's funny, I always believed NVIDIA's GL drivers are a solid reference among 3D developpers, anychance you can send me your demo so I can conduct some tests on it?
Thank you

[Edited by - JavaCoolDude on June 15, 2005 3:09:40 AM]
Listen to Darkwing.
awesome, thank you very much I will check into that.
Remember, sometime V-SYNC might be disabled in the control panel and yet still effectively on, to fix that, simply force it back on, hit apply, turn it off, hit apply again and voila, all set :)
Quote:Original post by JavaCoolDude
Remember, sometime V-SYNC might be disabled in the control panel and yet still effectively on, to fix that, simply force it back on, hit apply, turn it off, hit apply again and voila, all set :)

Huh? I've never found that. The only reason that you could be getting vsync in a game or something when you've disabled it in the control panel is through swap_control. However, I think swap control is disabled if you disable vsync in the control panel. Bizarre.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
Quote:Original post by Dancin_Fool
Hi, I've got a problem with a demo I'm working on with openGL. I sent it to a friend to try and he was getting the same frame rate as me around 700 fps, and then I sent it to someone else and they were getting 60 fps, the only difference in their systems were that the friend with the high frame rate was running an ati card same as me and the other friend was running an nvidia card. I just sent it to another friend with an nvidia card and same problem he was only getting 70 fps.

So I'm just wondering is there a compiler option for compiling it to run well on any hardware, is this a common problem out there or is this just me?

It's just you. Last problem I hear was riddick game running slow on window 64bit since it was using some opengl 2.0 features of nvidia driver but that was fixed in latest riddick patch.
A bug in the OpenGL version detection code was fixed to allow the game to run on OpenGL 2.0 enabled drivers.
maybe a problem with your opengl code?
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement