• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zer011

Prepairing a new PC

This topic is 4866 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello guys < During the last two weeks I've been concerned on an issue which might not be related to game development or coding , but I was thinking it might require some experience in programming languages . I searched through all GD communities to find the right place to post this problem or let us say *a question* without finding it , so I considered my self a beginer and posted it here hoping that any of you experts can help me , or at least give me an idea about this . so .... I had a computer which I was using for a couple of monthes , for some reason it stoped suddenly . I couldn't find the source of the problem .When I swithced it on it beeps so loud , so I carried it to the the pearson that sold it to me from the beginning and he sayed that it is destoed an he can not fix it . Any way that does not matter now , so I decided to buy a new PC . The problem is , the old PC was already programmed and all the internal stuff are installed already . In my new situation , I bought all the stuff , Proccessor , motherboard , RAMs and All the drivers . My question is , how do I begin installing all the stuff , I figured out how to connect all of them together . But I don't know were should I begin , should I make the motherboard Identifies the proccessor first ?? , or the screen card first ??? . What programming language do I have to use in commands << If I am going to tell the proccessor or the motherboard to do such things ?? . And in what field I am going to write the commands ?? . I'm sorry for being so specific . I hope you understand my point , because I am not that good in writing and expressing ideas . We have a very old saying that means . ( before you write any thing , you sould read first ) . And I am good in reading . so.... Thanks for your time and I hope you help me .

Advertisement
Hrrm, I'm not an expert but I would presume that once you connect everything correctly the BIOS on the motherboard is used to setup the boot devices detected then you put your cd in and install your OS? From there you install your graphics card etc etc

Assembling a new computer:

0. Make sure you're static free.
1. Insert motherboard into the box.
2. Plug in the CPU into the motherboard.
3. Insert memory into slots on motherboard.
4. Put the video card in.
5. Connect your hard-drive.
6. Make sure all cables and everything is correct.
7. Connect computer to a monitor, and power.
8. Turn on the computer.
9. If beeps a lot, and no picture, something wrong. TURN OFF!
10. If you get a boot screen on the monitor, it's probably fine. Continue with Windows install.

Thank you all for being very helpfull .

so ....

I connect all of the chips together ... then OS will be installed directly an automatically , no need for recognizing the the screen first >>???

ok , I will try .

You can just put your Windows installation cd in the cdrom drive.
If you're more interested in what goes on in the computer you might want to try a different OS.
For example:
Linux From Scratch http://lfs.sourceforge.net
or Gentoo www.gentoo.org

Both are Linux distributions with a helpfull community and lots of documentation.

You are recommending Gentoo and LFS to somebody that doesn't know how to install Windows? How intuitive.

If you're getting beeping when turning on a computer, check for your motherboard's beep codes. The manual will usually tell you what the beeps mean. For most boards, it usually has something to do with the CPU, RAM, or video not installed/detected/working.

As for "it is destroyed and he cannot fix it", that's BS. He probably just wants to sell you a new one. I'd strongly suggest finding a new retailer.

Make sure you read the manual very carefully when assembling your machine. Although things may seem to fit together in a straightforward manner, there are many subtleties which can catch people out. For example, plugging the wrong end of a PATA cable into a hard disk, having the wrong jumper settings on a hard disk, plugging firewire ports into the USB pins on the motherboard, failing to connect the extra motherboard power connector, plugging memory into the wrong slots resulting in half your memory not working, failing to attach the CPU fan correctly resulting in a toasted CPU...

As for installing windows, if you're using SATA hard disks, you may need to download drivers onto a floppy first and load them when the Windows CD boots. (F6 i think it is to install drivers)

This also applies if you're trying to install on a RAID array.

Quote:
Original post by Saruman
You are recommending Gentoo and LFS to somebody that doesn't know how to install Windows? How intuitive.

He said he's good in reading. There isn't anything really difficult about it as long as you take the time to read the instructions.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!