• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
masamasa

Tool for manager game

This topic is 4726 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I'm looking for a tool to make a manager game (football manager etc.) Only i've found so far are tools for 3D-gaming. Please give a hint!

Advertisement
I don't believe that a tool specialized for manager games exists. You might try a general-purpose game maker like Game Maker; I don't know if those can easily be used to make a manager game or not (I haven't used one in about seven years). You should also consider learning to program, though, as a basic manager game should require much less knowledge to make than most games, since you can make it run in the console, saving you about 80% of the work of writing a game. It will still be a lot of work, but you will have complete control over the rules, interface, etc. Start here and here if you decide that a game maker program won't work for you.

Well when the commercial developers make their own management they would most likely make their own in-house tools, so it is unlikely that there will be any freely available.

My advice would be to start with a console text-based game and get a working game up and running. Then write a 2D interface/output for theuser that would sit on top.

Make sure it is all broken down into logical chunks.

ace

I would suggest using C#.NET with Windows Forms. Check out #develop for a free .NET IDE, or I think even Microsoft offers a free version of their development environment. This game seems like a good candidate for being web based. If you made it web based, then you could have organized seasons and players could compete against one another. That would be pretty cool.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!