Display List question

Started by
3 comments, last by fooman_69 18 years, 10 months ago
hello, If I have a background using a group of tiles that have their own texture for each, I could obviously use a display list to display the background quickly. However, if the texture data changes (a pixel becomes transparent), will the display list still show this change?? The tile still has the same texture, but the data of the texture has changed ... so it would be displayed appropriately even if the display list was built BEFORE the data(pixel) change right? I'm sorry if I didn't explain too well. If there's anything I can explain a bit better lemme know!!
Advertisement
why dont you write a quick program to try it out and see? [smile]
haha, cause I like to ask questions a lot (if you couldn't tell!!)
I'm writing a big ol' program right now and am not quite at my collision detection experimentation yet, so I figured I'd ask beforehand.
sometimes its faster to knock up a quick program to test something, instead of waiting to get to the point of needing it in your main program, than to ask and you can learn more that way [smile]
yea that's very true, but when I ask here I often get MORE than what I need to know. That is something I LOVE about this place. =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement