• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sipickles

Meshes and Shaders

This topic is 4727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, My knowledge of shaders is poor, as I am just beginning to move into this area. Every example I see describes their use with vertex buffers, but is it the same process to render a mesh using a vertex or pixel shader? Thanks Simon

Advertisement
Check out this technical post on MSDN. It is an excerpt from ShaderX2 - Introduction and Tutorials - it should help you figure out what is going on.

To see exactly how HLSL shaders are integrated with DX9 applications, check out some of the samples in the DXSDK. Using the ID3DXEffect interface makes rendering with your own effects easy and fast.

Also, make sure you check out the Nvidia Developer homepage. It has some incredible resources, including the Nvidia SDK and FX Composer.

circle, do you use FX composer to write your shaders and then implement them into your DX code? I have looked at FX composer and it seems to cover alot of bases but i am worried that the code would be hard to implement into my DX program.

Zwig

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!