• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
paradise

3D games in Mobiles

This topic is 4870 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi , I am a newbie and I have made some 2d games using J2ME for mobiles.I want to shift to make 3d games for small handheld devices and mobiles .There is already a 3d support in J2ME but I have heard that java is too slow to run 3d games. other available option is Symbian OS using C++ which is good I heard but API is a little more complex. what I want to know is this that whether professionals use Symbian OS to make 3d games for mobiles or J2ME is good enough for making 3d games too ?(My guess is Symbian OS) please mention some good links or resources for J2ME/Symbian OS. Thanks

Advertisement
Quote:
There is already a 3d support in J2ME but I have heard that java is too slow to run 3d games.

From what I've seen jsr-184 is implemented using opengl-es so you'll get whatever hardware acceleration is available. Plus the jsr is basically a low level scene graph so you get that benefit/hindrance as well (hindrance if you don't like the way it does things or want to do things differently or not supported).

This link has some links.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!