• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
murdock

trouble installing sdl

This topic is 4729 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was trying to install the sdl under VS.NET 2003 and I got to the part where you Select the "code Generation" on the left. On the right, select the "Runtime Library" pull down menu and choose Multi-Threaded DLL or Multi-Threaded Debug DLL if you wish to use debugging. Hit OK. The problem is under my copy of VS.NET I don't see the tab for Code Generation. Did I fail to set something up properly?

Advertisement
No for VS.NET 2003 the option is a bit different. You must do this:

1. Project->Properties
2. C/C++ Entry
3. Code Generation->Runtime Library

Now if you still can't find that, all you have to do is make sure you have a .CPP file in the project and open that file, then go try again. Most of the time, you will not get all the context menus if you do not have a file added or opened (since if you do not have a file to compile, why woukld you have options to compile with [wink]). See if that does it for you.

Now I get this message when I build.

test1 Command line error D2016 : '/GL' and '/ZI' command-line options are incompatible

I don't have VS 2003 on this computer, so I can't look up what those comamnd line arguments are, but looking on the net:

/Zi Enable debugging information.
/GL Whole Program Optimization

So you will need to find the option that says "/GL" for Whole program optimization and disable that.

Look under the C/C++ Tab, then optimizations and make sure "Whole Program Optimization" is set to 'No' (how it appears in VS 2005 Beta) Good luck!

Quote:
Original post by murdock
Now I get this message when I build.

test1 Command line error D2016 : '/GL' and '/ZI' command-line options are incompatible

The /ZI should be specified for the Debug build and the /GL should be specified for the Release build.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!