• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Varchild

DirectX: Making Sense

This topic is 4877 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I hope this migth be useful for someone starting out in Direct X programming. I was trying to teach myself how to play an MP3 file and I stumbled around the Direct X documentation. It helped me immensely when I organized it a certain way. I find the documentation to be a bit confusing because it bounces you from one page/location to another. What I do is create a Microsoft Word file and copy paste each page of information on Direct Show or Direct Input or etc. I then highlight in bold anything that sounds important. Much of the information given to you in the documentation is information for 'Techies' and not necessarily what you need to know to simply get your code to compile. So Highlight the parts that talk about the code and perhaps 'Delete' the parts of the documentation that ramble on with tech speak. If you don't care about .AVIs or PNGs then delete the entire section discussing how to play them and etc. Your life will be a heck of a lot more enjoyable:-)

Advertisement
I was thinking about compiling the Direct X SDK documentation
in a PDF in a sort of a CLIFFs NOTEs version with Bookmarks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!