• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DvDmanDT

Windows services/communication between apps

This topic is 4724 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone.. I need to have like a windows service or something, communicating with an Apache module of mine.. And well.. First, I have no idea how to make windows services (which I suppose would be best), and I have no idea on how to make two proggys communicate.. For one thing, I'd like the other app to display every request that's being made to the server.. And I'd also like to use it for searching (module tells app about search string, app searches while apache handles request further, then app replies with search info).. And no, it's not because I believe it's a good thing to do, but because I think it sounds like a funny thing to do.. So.. Any tips?

Advertisement
There are several solutions to IPC. The simplest solution is messages. Another possible solution is socket. The ultimate solution is COM if you want the flexibility.

Kuphryn

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!