• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Mirror effect - stretching issue

This topic is 4722 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

All right, so I tried implementing a mirror effect in which a floor reflects the geometry of the level. The problem is that the reflection seems to be stretched disproportionately across the floor! An object near one end of the floor is stretched all the way across to the other end in the reflection! Note the floor is made up of four quads (8 triangles) over which 1 single texture is applied. Any clues as to what the issue could be? I would have posted some code but unfortunately I'm not sure if I'll be breaking some NDA since the code uses bits from a third party engine under evaluation. Suffice to say that the core logic is pretty much the standard mirror reflection thingamob.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!