• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Tylon

C only 3D lib?

This topic is 4873 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can anyone recommend a good 3D engine along the lines of Ogre, Irrlicht, neoengine, TV3d etc that is in pure C (not C++), and has a license of at least LGPL or better? Thanks

Advertisement
There arent many engines nowadays that are pure C, everythings object orientated and its hard to find a good 3d engine that doesnt use C++ advanced features. Im afraid you might have to write one yourself.

Cipher engine is in pure c and uses OpenGL. I bought this engine when i first came out. The source code is well documented if you would like to make your own changes to the engine. The community is not very large compared to say torque (I have both engines) or does not have as much resources available.

http://www.cipherengine.com/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!