• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Shashi

OpenGL OpenGL lightmaps

This topic is 4809 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Well currently I'm using a gfx card that doesn't support the ARB extensions, so I can't multitexture the lightmap on. I tried blending the lightmap onto the texture, but it looks rather strange, not the type I expected.

Advertisement
Either one, manually blend it outside of the program or two, keep trying with the blending functions. I'm not sure which is the one that works, but I know one does. Also, maybe if you use the standard OpenGL lighting, you might get the effect you want.

Quote:
Well currently I'm using a gfx card that doesn't support the ARB extensions

whats the chipset? perhaps u dont have the drivers installed correctly
if u can only get opengl1.1 (software) cause it is a 10year old card, yould be better off using mesa. supports opengl1.5 and soon to include glsl

If you don't have support for multitexturing, do a second pass with the lightmaps using glBlendFunc(GL_DST_COLOR,GL_ZERO);

It worked, thanks mikeman.
kburkhart84: I didn't want to bake the texture in, cuz I wanted some sort of
dynamic lighting.
zedzeek: what the heck is mesa? I don't have an actual gfx card, its just the one in-built to my motherboard. An asustek socket A.

Mesa is a software implmentation of OpenGL. Dont use it, get a modern budget video card if you can.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!