OpenGL lightmaps

Started by
4 comments, last by Mr Lane 18 years, 10 months ago
Well currently I'm using a gfx card that doesn't support the ARB extensions, so I can't multitexture the lightmap on. I tried blending the lightmap onto the texture, but it looks rather strange, not the type I expected.
Advertisement
Either one, manually blend it outside of the program or two, keep trying with the blending functions. I'm not sure which is the one that works, but I know one does. Also, maybe if you use the standard OpenGL lighting, you might get the effect you want.

Quote:Well currently I'm using a gfx card that doesn't support the ARB extensions

whats the chipset? perhaps u dont have the drivers installed correctly
if u can only get opengl1.1 (software) cause it is a 10year old card, yould be better off using mesa. supports opengl1.5 and soon to include glsl
If you don't have support for multitexturing, do a second pass with the lightmaps using glBlendFunc(GL_DST_COLOR,GL_ZERO);
It worked, thanks mikeman.
kburkhart84: I didn't want to bake the texture in, cuz I wanted some sort of
dynamic lighting.
zedzeek: what the heck is mesa? I don't have an actual gfx card, its just the one in-built to my motherboard. An asustek socket A.
Mesa is a software implmentation of OpenGL. Dont use it, get a modern budget video card if you can.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement