HELP!!!PLEASE READ!!!EXPERT PROGRAMMERS WANTED!!!

Started by
41 comments, last by Newb4ever 23 years, 4 months ago
Does anyone else that think that this thread is incredibly stupid? We have newbies asking dumb questions, people flaming newbies for being new, insults flying left and right....chill out, people!. I think the GDNet maturity factor is dropping at about 9.8 m/s^2.

==================
/* todo: insert cool sig */
Martee
Magnum Games.NET

Edited by - Martee on November 27, 2000 10:45:20 PM
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
Advertisement
I agree with everyone and I think that we must all come together and treat each other the way we would like to be treated. My spelling is absolutly horrible please don''t look at me any less.I can however compute triple integrals in spherical coordinates and I''m really good at transforming dimentions of linear space and finding the matrix that makes it all happen. My point is that if we all help each other we can accomplish great things even the less intelligent can be of great use. So there is no reason for us to hurt each other how do you make this sybol(¢)
50¢ there is no button for it on your keyboard. I forgive everyone. Please forgive me
I would start with Teach Yourself C++ in 21 days then go to
Windows Programming by Charles Petzold then Inside Direct X
and put it all together with Tricks ofWindows 3D Game Programming by Andre LeMoth who will respond to your e-mails he is the man.
==--When the time comes you will realize but no sooner.--==
Just to sound a bit hypocritical here.. one thing I probably should have said to the newbies.. is this..

"If you're are going to post on here at least tell us what u have done to help yourself. I think that would annoy less people on here, and show that you've tried to learn on your own first (after all it easier to help someone who is prepared to help themselves.. or something like that)"

Maybe we should have a link on here (in big flashing neon letters) that states "Newbies read this first" or some such, that links to a list of books and websites they should be reading first (with ratings from other ppl as to how useful they found them), and offers them advice on posting queries on the boards in order to get the maximum ammount of helpful responses (and annoy less people with what are considered "dumb" questions) It's just an idea.. feel free to rip it to pieces if it sounds stupid...

Another 2 ideas/thoughts that have just occoured to me.. a notice board specifically for newbie questions or a specific Gamedev site just for newbies which shows up when you do a "Beginning Programming" type of search rather than the main site...

Edited by - NightWraith on November 28, 2000 4:26:48 AM
NightWraith

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement