Terraformer 2 Terrain Editor... Thanks to All Who Helped

Started by
19 comments, last by Raeldor 18 years, 9 months ago
Do I need DX9.x for this? I only have WinME with DX8.1. I'd like to try it though, if only for ideas for my own heightmap editor.

And could some screenshots be posted?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by d000hg
Do I need DX9.x for this? I only have WinME with DX8.1. I'd like to try it though, if only for ideas for my own heightmap editor.

And could some screenshots be posted?

Oh yes, you need 9.0c. I will try and post some screenshots up.
dude i tried to download link of yours and starts but when i try creating a new terrain it displays the error UNABLE TO CREATE terrain, u have any fixed for this?

or if u dont mind can i also ask for the source for this ;)
Quote:Original post by yuppies
dude i tried to download link of yours and starts but when i try creating a new terrain it displays the error UNABLE TO CREATE terrain, u have any fixed for this?

or if u dont mind can i also ask for the source for this ;)

If you would be able to debug this with the source, that would be great. I have posted the source up here...

Terraformer Source

Still needs a little tidying up, but I have been sidetracked on some work stuff atm. It's well commented though, so it should be easy to follow.

Many Thanks!
You need to include d3dx9_25.dll, not d3dx9d_25.dll (notice the extra D after the 9?).

EDIT: d3dx9_25.dll
Now I'm getting "unable to create terrain" errors.
Quote:Original post by MENTAL
You need to include d3dx9_25.dll, not d3dx9d_25.dll (notice the extra D after the 9?).

EDIT: d3dx9_25.dll

Thank you. I have updated the download with this file instead of the other one. Which directory was this file in for you? I see a developer runtime directory, but that only has the debug version. Is there a runtime distribution directory somewhere I am missing?

Thanks

The source is failing because you have "f:\\detail.bmp" hardcoded in the Terrain::Init(...) function. If you change this to a relative path it will work correctly.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

The source is failing because you have "f:\\detail.bmp" hardcoded in the Terrain::Init(...) function. If you change this to a relative path it will work correctly.

Ah, thanks... my bad. I started doing some detail map testing and must have done another build afterwards by mistake.

Thanks for spotting this. I will get this update in the zip file.
Quote:Original post by Raeldor
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Ah, thanks... my bad. I started doing some detail map testing and must have done another build afterwards by mistake.

Thanks for spotting this. I will get this update in the zip file.

Ok, we should be good to go. I have updated the release file at the top of this thread with the fixed version and the correct d3dx9 dll.

I have started putting in some perlin noise to make the texturing pattern repetition less obvious. Seems to work quite well, so I will try and enhance this and maybe put in some procedural landscape and texture generation in the next version too.

Hope you all have better luck with this version. Thanks for all the feedback.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement